Short-Term Restorative Care (STRC) Service provides more flexible options to assist older people improve their independence, function and wellbeing.
What is STRC
A service to those seniors who have functional decline, supporting them with short term (up to 8 weeks), flexible and intensive service to restore their ability and well-being, thereby deferring their entry into higher levels of care.
- Clinical service
- Case management
- Personal care and assistance
- Exercise sessions
- Home modification assessments
- Psychology and counselling
- Aids and equipment (including mobility aids)
- Social work
- Counsellor support
- Therapy services, such as speech therapy, chiropractic, podiatry, dietetics, occupational, and physiotherapy service
- Support services, such as shopping, gardening, cooking, house cleaning, home maintenance and medication management
A small fee will be charged. However, each case will be considered on an individual basis. Thus, clients who are unable to afford the fee are still eligible for the service.
How can I be assessed for STRC?
To be assessed for STRC, you will need to be referred for an Aged Care Assessment through My Aged Care. The Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT) will screen individual needs through a comprehensive assessment. If you are interested, please call My Aged Care on 1800 200 422 to register.